Tuesday 11 June 2013

I am speaking at Agile 2013

I have been very busy over the past few years honing my arsenal of techniques for creating high performing services and organizations.  In particular, I have been actively working with clients in live situations methodically trying to capture the key essence behind my most effective techniques.  Having seen so many otherwise smart people struggle for so long, I hope to add to the collective knowledge out in the industry to not only help others but to also hopefully reduce the amount of dysfunction that so many have to deal with on a day to day basis.

The talk that I will be giving at Agile 2013 covers one of the elements that I have discovered, which is how to find and improve flow and transparency across an organization.  I have found that many of the techniques I use, including looking for places where friction develops and queues build up, places where communication breaks down or is misinterpreted, and where there are knowledge gaps that form across organizational siloes, have very similar analogues in Lean.  The spirit and mindset that has been built up in the immense body of work within Lean can, when added to both the technical and architectural techniques that have been steadily arising from XP and elastic computing as well as the rapid product development techniques that have been coming from HotHousing and Lean Startup, go a long way to helping IT organizations improve and better serve customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment